Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could simply grow new, healthy teeth to fill that gap in your smile? Although that technology is, unfortunately, still far in the future, the next best thing is available right here in Scottsdale. AZ Dental Wellness implant treatment is a process that replicates the natural anatomy of a tooth, by replacing both the root and the crown.
About dental implants
Many people are surprised to learn that an implant is not a false tooth. It is actually a small titanium post that serves as a prosthetic tooth root. The implant is surgically placed in the jawbone, and it provides a stable foundation for restorations.
The benefits of dental implant treatment include:
- Restore full chewing efficiency: Rock-solid stability allows you to eat whatever you want without discomfort or fear of an appliance slipping.
- Preserve bone health: Chewing pressure is transferred to the jawbone via tooth roots. This stimulation is necessary to trigger normal bone cell rejuvenation. Therefore, the bone begins diminishing after tooth loss. Because dentures sit atop the gums, they do not help the bone. Only implants replace the roots, which keeps the bone strong and healthy.
- Preserve healthy teeth: Traditional bridges are supported by natural teeth, which are fitted with crowns. However, if you choose implants, no alteration to remaining teeth is necessary. Furthermore, implant restorations will not create an extra burden on natural teeth, because they are fully supported by the bone.
- Easy oral hygiene: Contrary to common myths, implants do need to be brushed and flossed, just like natural teeth do. However, implants don’t require any special tools or extra steps in hygiene.
- Long-lasting solution: With good oral health and regular dental care, implants can last for the rest of your life.
Are you a good candidate?
No matter how many, or how few, teeth you are missing, implants can be a great solution. Implants may be topped with specially designed crowns, bridges, or dentures to accommodate your specific needs. Even if you’ve previously been told that you don’t have enough bone for implants, modern grafting techniques can resolve that problem.
Virtually anyone seeking an excellent solution for missing teeth is a potential implant candidate. Call us at (480) 405-1511 and schedule a consultation to get started.