Would you like to see that cavity disappear? Your dental team in Scottsdale can make it happen with tooth colored, metal-free fillings. AZ Dental Wellness takes pride in providing the healthiest, most beautiful dental solutions available.
About metal-free fillings
For many years, the standard solution for cavities was amalgam (so-called silver) dental fillings. They are still used in some dental offices, but patients are increasingly asking for alternatives. Some are concerned about mercury, which comprises about 50 percent of dental amalgam. Others want to avoid all metal due to allergies and other health concerns, or simply because they want a natural-looking result. For these and other reasons, we don’t use mercury amalgam or any other metal filling material.
At AZ Dental Wellness, we restore teeth using an advanced material that is:
- Made of non-toxic resin
- Free of metal
- Colored to match natural tooth enamel
- Gentle on teeth, with minimal thermo-expansion
What to expect
- Preparation _ Like any dental filling, the procedure begins with cleaning teeth and removing any damaged, diseased, or decayed tooth material. Because metal-free filling material bonds well with teeth, significant shaping or preparation is not needed, so the healthy portion of the tooth is left intact. Next, the tooth is isolated to prevent any moisture from contacting the resin.
- Filling placement – Composite resin is applied directly to the tooth, and then shaped and smoothed. It is cured with a special light, which causes resin to harden and adhere to teeth. Your dentist will then smooth and polish the surface. When complete, the filled area is indistinguishable from natural enamel.
- Aftercare – Fillings can last for many years, if you maintain good oral health. Unlike amalgam, composite fillings do not expand excessively when exposed to heat, so you don’t need to worry about micro-fractures developing around the filling. Good hygiene and regular dental visits are key to keeping your restored tooth healthy and preventing further decay.
Whether you are looking for a beautiful and healthy solution for cavities, or you want to replace amalgam fillings, composite resin is an excellent choice. If you have questions or you are ready to schedule an appointment, please call our office at (480) 405-1511
Metal-free Fillings at AZ Dental Wellness
What are metal-free fillings?
We only use metal-free fillings here. We like to call them composite fillings.
A composite filling is a tooth-colored filling.
Amalgam silver fillings that contain mercury are not done anymore, as we found that it may be harmful to our patients.
What are the benefits of metal-free fillings?
Today metal-free fillings or composite fillings are very strong and long-lasting.
They give beautiful aesthetic results, and you won’t have to see metal or silver, which can turn dark in the mouth over time.
The restorations look wonderful, natural, and they look amazing.
Feel free to give us a call today to learn more about tooth-colored fillings.